Psychiatrist, Regional Medical Director - Biddeford and Springvale, ME
- Biddeford, ME
- Maine Behavioral Healthcare
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Physician/Physician Practices
- Req #: 124486-70697
Maine Behavioral Healthcare (MBH) is seeking a full-time BE/BC Psychiatrist to serve as Regional Medical Director of Outpatient Services, overseeing two clinics in Springvale and Biddeford that serve clients living throughout York County in southern Maine. The village of Springvale is known for its close-knit community and idyllic setting, while Biddeford is a fast-growing community that features arts, theatre, locally owned shops and restaurants, and a scenic river walk.
As a vital member of MBH’s growing integrated healthcare system, this attending physician will:
- provide direct clinical care in collaborative outpatient and inpatient settings
- supervise the interdisciplinary teams, physicians and advanced practice providers
As Regional Medical Director (RMD) they will:
- oversee talented and innovative teams working across a continuum of health and well-being practices
- be part of a leadership team which includes Clinical Directors and Practice Managers with extensive experience and deep commitment to patients and communities
- cultivate strong working relationships with other regional leaders and primary care providers to enhance smooth and coordinated delivery of services and excellence in patient care
The ideal candidate will have:
- minimum of 5 years of outpatient clinical experience with adults or adults and children
- a supportive and collaborative approach to administrative management and oversight
- strong communication skills
- demonstrated ability to collaborate in diplomatic and effective ways
- experience leading teams and navigating complex systems is preferred
Maine Behavioral Healthcare outpatient facilities provide an array of services for adults, adolescents, and children challenged with mental health, developmental disorders, co-occurring, and/or substance use issues.
The Sherry Sabo Center in Biddeford is MBH’s second largest outpatient clinic and provides Adult Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Residential and Supported Housing, Case Management and Behavioral Health Homes, Counseling, Crisis, Psychiatry, and Substance Use Treatment. The Sabo Center provided more than 46,000 outpatient visits last year.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare’s clinic in Springvale provides Adult Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Residential and Supported Housing, Case Management and Behavioral Health Homes, Counseling, Psychiatry, and Substance Use Treatment. The MBH Springvale provided more than 28,000 outpatient visits last year.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is a leader in northern New England for integrated care, serving patients living in southern, western, and central Maine. Maine Behavioral Healthcare is composed of Spring Harbor Hospital, southern Maine’s only nonprofit psychiatric hospital, Maine Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, Southern Maine Health Care’s Behavioral Health Services, and several nonprofit community health agencies. This fully integrated and growing system of behavioral healthcare makes it a regional and national model for treating people with behavioral health issues.
We welcome your inquiry and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this and other opportunities, please visit https://www.careersatmainehealth.org.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.