Nurse Anesthetist - CRNA
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Full Time - Flexible (As Needed)
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Req #: 127824-73669
CRNA – Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Maine Medical Center, a MaineHealth member, is currently recruiting for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) to work in a Level 1 Trauma Center on the breathtaking Coast of Maine. We have 70+ hospital employed CRNA's on staff covering approximately 30 operating rooms and a same day surgery center located in Scarborough, ME. Experienced or New Grads are invited to join the cohesive team environment at Maine Medical Center (MMC) that offers a competitive base salary plus additional call pay. This is a full time position with flexible and unique scheduling along with a large variety of cases. CRNA’s are credentialed to care for many patients including but not limited to: Vascular, Thoracic, Pediatric, Neuro, Ortho, Trauma, General, GYN, and Urology. Our CRNA’s work in a care team model and are medically directed by a group of Anesthesiologists. Call is infrequent and in-house.
Maine Medical Center (MMC) is a Magnet designated 637 bed Academic Medical Center located in Portland on the breathtaking coast of Maine. We are the states only Level 1 Trauma Center and a tertiary care facility.
Maine, “The way life should be”, sums up this beautiful coastal town. Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community with excellent restaurants and nationally recognized schools. The area provides abundant four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches.
- Relocation Assistance
- Generous Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Growth Opportunities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine, and successfully completed a course for Nurse Anesthesia at an accredited school.
- Must be board certified as a Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Comprehensive understanding of all procedures and equipment used to administer anesthesia to various age groups.
- Analytical ability to prepare/participate in the anesthesia plan.
- Ability to closely monitor patient's condition and interpret data from various monitors during surgery.
- Ability to assist in lifting/transporting patients.
- Ability to operate and perform minor repairs on a variety of anesthesia equipment.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.