Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - NICU
- Portland, ME
- Maine Medical Center
- Per Diem - Rotating (Day/Night)
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Req #: 130022-75646
The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center (MMC), is recruiting for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) for its Level III NICU. MMC is a 637-bed Academic Medical Center located in Portland Maine with expansive views of Maine’s breathtaking coast. MMC is the State’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, has achieved its third consecutive Magnet designation and named the first and pioneer practice setting recognized by The Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International’s Kappa Zeta-at-Large Chapter. With a long history of excellence in healthcare MMC is looking for a candidate that exhibits the behaviors of excellence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to community and accountability in order to support MMC’s mission, vision, and values.
The world-class, 51-bed, Level III, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admits nearly 1,000 infants and performs nearly 300 critical care neonatal transports each year and is the largest NICU in northern New England. The dynamic interdisciplinary professional healthcare team is dedicated to delivering the highest quality care for all newborns, ranging from healthy neonates to sick or premature newborns requiring close observation or intensive care.
The NNP will provide detailed and comprehensive assessment and treatment of neonatal patients within the framework of safe patient and family centered care. The scope of practice encompasses the development and recording of a plan for care in collaboration with family, multidisciplinary team members, and community resources for both chronic and episodic illnesses.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- New and pre-graduation NNPs welcome to apply.
- Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with all MMC departments, families and members of the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice, and additional specialized medical training, in order to provide expanded nursing practice at a level generally acquired through completion of concentrated study and clinical internship leading to a Master's Degree.
- Analytical abilities necessary to obtain medical histories, conduct physical examinations, prepare complex treatment plans, and provide care for assigned patients with minimal guidance and direction.
- Education: Completion of accredited NNP, Masters preferred.
- Licensure: Current license for Advanced Practice in the state of Maine or pending license.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.