Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Medicine
- Norway, ME
- Stephens Memorial Hospital
- Full Time - Day Shift
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Family Medicine
- Req #: 132879-78157
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) practices autonomously and in collaboration with health care professionals and other individuals to diagnose, treat and manage the patient’s health problems. Serves as health care researcher, interdisciplinary consultant and patient advocate. Acts as a key member of the healthcare team; participating in direct patient care, innovation, quality and safety initiatives.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program with two years of Nurse Practitioner experience preferred. MSN required.
- License/Certifications: Active Nursing license; certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Newly licensed Nurse Practitioners within the State of Maine must, for 24 months, practice under the supervision of a physician or other Nurse Practitioner acting within their Scope of Practice (32 M.R.S.A. Section 2102, 2-A). Current BCLS required.
- Experience: See "Education"
- Newly licensed Nurse Practitioners within the State of Maine must, for 24 months, practice under the supervision of a physician or other Nurse Practitioner acting within their Scope of Practice (32 M.R.S.A. Section 2102, 2-A)
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Proficient computer skills
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.