Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-Preble St. Learning Collaborative
This job posting is no longer active.
- Scarborough, ME
- Maine Medical Partners
- Part Time - Day Shift
- Advanced Professional Provider
- Req #: 133662-78848
Maine Medical Partners is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant that will work as part of a blended care team which includes staff from MMC, MMC Homeless HealthPartners, Preble Street and rotating MMC house staff from the depts. of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Psychiatry. In this role the NP will be integrated into all aspects of client care offered through the Collaborative.
This is a community inspired initiative to improve the quality of care of those experiencing homelessness. It offers a limited scope of services such as triaging of acute needs, urgent and follow-up care, mental health services and wound care services.
- Master's Degree required.
- Successful completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program with at least 2 years of NP/PA experience.
- Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
- Current BLS certification.
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting physical examinations and treating patients in expanded practice model with minimal direction at a level generally acquired through two to three years in-depth experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Analytical abilities necessary to obtain medical histories, conduct physical examinations, prepare complex treatment plans, and treat assigned patients with minimal guidance and direction.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of personnel (e.g., patients, employees, physicians, and other health care professionals.)
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.