MaineHealth is a not-for-profit family of high-quality providers and healthcare organizations committed to the health and well-being of the communities and people we serve. As the largest healthcare organization in Maine and a leading healthcare provider serving northern New Hampshire, MaineHealth is recognized as one of the nation’s top integrated healthcare delivery networks.
MaineHealth offers a complete range of healthcare services, from primary care to hospital treatment and everything in between. The MaineHealth family of care includes:
- 19,000 employees
- Maine Medical Center, the state’s largest and most comprehensive medical center
- 11 community hospitals in a dozen counties in Maine and New Hampshire
- The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network, designed to reduce the need for travel whenever possible by connecting cancer experts with cancer patients. This powerful collaboration brings together nearly 300 of the most talented cancer care providers in northern New England, with the support of the Harold Alfond® Foundation
- Maine Medical Center’s Department of Education, which manages 14
- residencies and 9 fellowships, all approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, that provide postgraduate training to over 250 residents and fellows.
- The Maine Medical Center-Tufts School of Medicine Program, established in 2009, whose innovative curriculum exposes students to rural practices and training in a major tertiary medical center.
- 1,600 employed and independent physicians working together through the MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization
- Complete behavioral and mental healthcare network, including southern Maine’s only private, nonprofit psychiatric hospital, as well as community-based services at dozens of locations
- Not-for-profit home healthcare agency serving southern and Mid-Coast Maine
- Health/wellness programs and agencies
- Laboratory that serves patients, physicians, hospitals and long-term care providers in New England
Working together toward a shared vision
At MaineHealth, we partner and collaborate across our health system and with diverse stakeholders to achieve our vision of working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. We advocate for local, state and national policies that best promote the health of the communities we serve. Here we work together to ensure that we are providing high-quality, affordable care; educating tomorrow's caregivers; and researching better ways to deliver for our patients and our communities.